Sunday, May 1, 2011

Show Some Love


Oooh, photos of me on my blog! This is new strange...but it's all for a good cause. Rachele over at the Nearsighted Owl runs a lovely, cute, crafty blog, and she recently wrote this post, asking people to post photos of themselves with hearts in order to combat all the negativity that floats around out there.
Negativity and criticism is something I've been thinking a lot about lately, and it seems to be an unfortunate by- product of the internet in particular, that people can hide behind screens and say incredibly hurtful things. It can come as a surprise how much damage we can do with words, whether we intend to or not. But on the other end of the scale, the simplest smile or kind comment can be enough to completely lift someone's spirits when they need it the most. I have a bad habit of being a bit of a pessimist and dwelling on the negative things in the world, so I think it's time I took that negative energy and started using it to spread love to other people!
On that note, there are some lines from the Noah and the Whale song, Give A Little Love that have been resonating with me recently:
'If you give a little love, you can get a little love of your own...
If you are what you love, and you do what you love,
I will always be the sun and moon to you, 
And if you share with your heart, 
Yeah you give with your heart,
What you share with the world is what it keeps of you...'

Apologies if this has been an incredibly long and rambling post, but Rachele's post really got me thinking. The one thing that never fails to lift my spirits is seeing the incredible creative work that others do, and I sincerely hope this continues. The world would be such a bleak place without everyone's creative sparks! So share the love and post a photo of yourself with a heart, and if you love someone's work, tell them, you may just make their day :)
Hopefully this will be a trigger for to start some more positive, love sharing blogging and creating.
Until next time, thank you for inspiring me, creative people of the blogosphere. Love coming your way!

<3 Cath Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment