Friday, March 9, 2012

Nail Art

I'm fairly into nail art at the moment, which was largely inspired by this tutorial from over at Honestly...WTF. Don't these nails look incredible?

I had a got at doing them myself. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't show them very well (it is rather difficult to photograph one's nails) but here I've used Australis Sweetpea for the base, and a pink Sally Hansen nail art pen to draw the lines on. The purple on my other hand was Kit, Shine On. I had also done triangle in pink on the purple nails, but sadly they don't show up here.

And these nails I did for the floral party I mentioned in my last post. I really did go all out in floral! The base is Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow (which is a spectacular colour just by itself!) and the designs were drawn using pink and blue Sally Hansen nail art pens. It's not the greatest colour combination for florals (...or at all really) but it was a fun experiment and it caught some eyes!


It was also suuuuper tricky to do the designs on my right hand using my left hand. But I don't think they turned out as terribly as I thought they would. 

Believe me, there will be plenty more nail designs to come in the future! Do you like nail art too? Please share some of your designs if you do, I'd love to see what other people do!

No comments:

Post a Comment