Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Fault In Our Stars/Prettier Blog

A while ago, I posted that I was reading 'The Fault In Our Stars', by John Green. I'd heard many wonderful things about it and I must say, it didn't disappoint. In fact, I have to put it up there with being one of my favourite books. It's full of characters you want to be friends with and fantastic bits of unexpected humour. It was heartbreaking, without being melodramatic or wallowing, and John Green has such a beautiful, philosophical take on things (admittedly, it caused me to have a mild existential crisis, but that's not always a bad thing, right?). I'd recommend it a hundred times over... but perhaps hold off if you're feeling emotionally fragile...although, to quote the book itself...


(This image, is in fact from my other, seldom updated blog, Things I Would Like. But I remembered how to update! So...perhaps check it out...if you are partial to things.)
Have you read The Fault In Our Stars? What did you think?

In other news, I also made a new blog header! Wooo! This is waaaay overdue, as my blog was looking extremely stale, but I am rather technically challenged. I looked at some of my other favourite blogs for layout inspiration, and my goodness but you people must be talented with the technical/design things! I took me ages to muddle through all the layout settings and whatnot, and it's still not perfect. If anyone can tell me how to widen a blog without throwing my header off centre, I will give you a hug and a cake. I've also added in a couple of other new features, such as a list of popular posts and related posts, but it's still very much a work in progress so stay tuned for what will hopefully be a much better looking blog...maybe...if I can figure out how...

No comments:

Post a Comment