Saturday, February 16, 2013

Weekend Music - James Vincent McMorrow/Third Star


Follow You Down to the Red Oak Tree - James Vincent McMorrow
I came across James Vincent McMorrow a while ago, and have since enjoyed his folkish ways. To me, he sounds a bit like a Bon Iver/City and Colour love child.
I rediscovered him recenlty when this song was featured on the closing credits of the movie Third Star.

Third Star is one of most thought-provoking and heart-breaking things I've seen in a long, long time. I found it to be not unlike The Fault in Our Stars in that it was equal parts beautiful (not just character/story-wise, but visually stunning. Who wants to take a trip to the coast of Whales with me?) and devastating - but don't let that put you off! It stars the endlessly wonderful Benedict Cumberbatch and I now can't listen to the above song without thinking about it. I'd definitely recommend watching it, but have a buddy nearby that you can debrief/share the emotional burden with!


No comments:

Post a Comment