Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little Finds...

I was hunting around in a cupboard at home on the weekend and came across these little figurines.
 After peering at them for a while, I realised that they're Beatrix Potter charcaters - Peter Rabbit, Timmy Tiptoes, Jemima Puddleduck and Jeremy Fisher if I am correct. 
 I think they're made of lead, because they're rather heavy! My mother informed me that they used to be part of a Beatrix Potter board game she had as a child, which sounds like a most excellent board game if you ask me!
 I was pretty enchanted by them. We tend to have a lot of slightly unusual things hiding in drawers and cupboards in my house, that have been collected from grandparents and old relatives over the years. Have you ever found anything like this in your house?


No comments:

Post a Comment